Motorcycle Shipping Companies | Motorcycle Transport ServicesSelecting a quality motorcycle shipping company is easy if you know what to look for. As a broker in the vehicle shipping business, we assist with the shipment of thousands of motorcycles throughout the United States each year. Brokers can work with whatever motorcycle shippers they choose, so we are very familiar with the process of selecting quality car shipping companies. Let’s go over the basics of motorcycle shipping below. The details are broken down by sections on companies, quotes, and services to help you understand the process in shipping your bike. This guide will generally allow you to understand the distinctions between different car shipping services of transport, how we vet to find reputable companies, and how to get the best prices on quality service.
Legitimacy & Quality of Motorcycle Shipping CompaniesBy far the most important thing you need to verify when you get ready to transport a motorcycle is that any companies you are considering are legitimate and reputable choices. You want a company that has the following qualifications:
- Bonded and insured – allowing you financial recourse if the work is not performed adequately, ensuring the transporter’s employees have clean criminal records, and protecting you against potential lawsuits.
- DOT/FMCSA compliant – confirming when motorcycle shipping companies are in full compliance with federal regulations.
- Online reviews – narrowing your options with the help of previous customers.
Varieties of Motorcycle Transport ServicesOnce you know baseline credentials and customer service are in place, it’s time to think about what type of transport might be right for you. Let’s look at the basic decisions you will need to make in deciding between different types of service:
- Door-to-door – picking up and delivering directly between locations, for your convenience (as opposed to terminal-to-terminal, which goes between storage facilities).
- Open vs. Enclosed – providing physical coverage for your bike if you would like (enclosed trailer).
- Cargo insurance – providing financial coverage, assuming it is a good policy.
Range of Motorcycle Shipping QuotesLet’s look at two additional details in terms of getting motorcycle shipping quotes, so you can keep your car shipping rates as low as possible:
- Planning ahead – keeping prices as low as possible.
- Using a broker – enlisting a company like ours to use our professional expertise to find the best way to ship a car & for the lowest prices.