Car transport is a major industry throughout the United States. New York, due in part to its large population, is one of the industry’s largest cities (and states). The strength of the New York car shipping sector means there is a lot of competition for the opportunity to ship your car. It can be challenging to sort your way through the marketplace and make the right choice. This article explains what’s out there so you can make an informed decision in choosing the right New York City car shipping companies & services.
There are three basic ways to filter your car transport options: reputability of the car shipping company, types of services available, and ease/speed of accessing car shipping quotes. This process is relatively simple. However, since moving a car is potentially stressful, having a sense of the variables can make everything more relaxing.
Filtering New York City Car Shipping Companies
How do you find the best shipping company out there? It’s good to have a sense of what your expectations are, from quote comparison to the successful car delivery service. Here are a few questions to make sure you are working with the highest quality options for New York car shipping offers:
- Is the company bonded and insured?
- Is the carrier “up to code”? Do they follow all FMCSA and DOT specifications?
- Does the company deliver straight between the locations you want, or does it only go between storage facilities?
- All of our carriers deliver straight-forwardly, between requested addresses, for the convenience of our clients. This is called door-to-door transport.
- How well is the company rated by online reviewers?
- We only work with companies that have minimum ratings of 98%.
Filtering New York City Car Shipping Services
When you enter “ship car to New York” into a search engine, knowing a few elements to differentiate companies is helpful especially if you are looking for a company within the New York City area and not just the State of New York. Beyond that, looking at the different types of services a specific company provides can further filter the possibilities.
Reviewing services means examining two additional questions:
- Do you want open transport or enclosed transport? Both of these are standardized forms of car shipping. Open is shipping without containment. Enclosed contains your vehicle in a trailer during transit.
- Do you want to add optional cargo insurance, and what do the policies look like?
Our insurance packages cover $100K to $1M, don’t have deductibles, and resolve any claim in a maximum of 21 days.
Filtering New York City Car Shipping Quotes
When you look at New York auto transport, you want to be able to access quotes quickly and simply. That’s doubly important this time of year because the busy season is nearing. As space becomes rarer, prices will rise. We make our system as quick as possible. We quote on pickup and delivery points between New York and anywhere else in the US or Canada. If you want a quote now, there is a box in the upper left-hand corner of this page. You can also call us for an instant quote at (866) 744-2540.